Live blogging Feed

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Millennial Media Releases Q3 Mobile Mix Report

Millennial Media Releases Q3 Mobile Mix Report:

Today, we released our Q3 Mobile Mix Report, which included a special spotlight on Apple/iOS. We took a big picture look at iOS, and saw that over the last year, impressions on the operating system grew 60 percent. Of particular note, iPad impressions have grown 456 percent over the last year!

In our Q3 ranking of the top manufacturers on our network, Apple continued to lead, with a 23 percent share.

Here are a few additional highlights from the Q3 report:

  • The iPhone accounted for 54% of the iOS impressions on our platform, while iPod Touch and iPad combined to make up the other 46%.

  • Android was the leading OS on our network in Q3 with 56% of the Connected Device & Smartphone impressions.

  • Android made up 15 of the top 20 phones on our network. HTC had 6 of those phones, and grew over 100% year-over-year as a manufacturer.

  • When breaking down ad spend on applications, Android apps had a 49% share. This was a 20% growth quarter-over-quarter.

  • Gaming was the number one app category on our network, and grew another 26% in the last quarter.

Download the free full report including the Top 20 Mobile Phones, Top 10 Mobile Application Categories and more.

Mobile Mix complements our monthly mobile advertiser-focused Scorecard for Mobile Advertising Reach and Targeting (SMART)™ report.

Please visit our website to access additional research reports, including the Mobile Intel Series: Automotive guide.

If you have any questions or suggestions for future reports, please send them our way.

No comments: